Windows defender is an anti-virus software which comes with windows10 o protect your device and data against viruses, ransom ware, spyware, and many other security threats.
But sometimes this anti-virus software can be a mess for a lot of reasons because they use up an extreme amount of memory and they sometimes prevent us from installing softwares like metasploit but I know that people have other reasons to disable windows defender
In this article we will guide you through the steps to permanently disable Windows Defender Antivirus on your computer. Also, we will show you how you can temporarily disable the antivirus.
How to disable Windows Defender using Local Group Policy
· Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
· Type gpedit.msc and click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
· Browse the following path:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender Antivirus
- On the right, double-click the Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus policy.
- Select the Enabled option to disable Windows Defender.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK
How to disable Windows Defender using the Security Center app
If you want to temporarily disable windows defender then use this method
· Open Windows Defender Security Center.
· Click on Virus & threat protection.
· Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
Turn off the Real-time protection toggle switch.