Register a DomainEnrolling a domain for your site resembles picking your road address. Here are some things to consider when choosing a domain:
- keep your domain name short
- make your domain name memorable
- make sure it’s easy to spell
- ensure it accurately reflects your brand identity
Connect Your Domain and HostingOnce you have registered your domain and set up your hosting account, you’ll need to point your domain to your hosting platform. To accomplish this, you will need to assign your Namecheap nameservers to your domain. Updating your nameservers is a simple process that you can manage through your Namecheap Account Panel.
How to connect a domain name to a hosting account or a server1. Sign into your Namecheap account 2. Select Domain List from the left sidebar and click on the Manage button next to your domain in the list: 3. Find the Nameservers section and select Namecheap Web Hosting DNS from the drop-down menu. After that, use the checkmark icon to save changes: After the nameservers are updated, it may take about 24 hours for the DNS changes to be accepted globally, though, in rare cases it can take up to 48 hours.
Accessing your cPanelWhen you have made your hosting account, you will get an email with your own cPanel web address (URL), username, and password. These are not the same as your Namecheap account username and password.the cPanel is your dashboard for your hosting account.
Install WordPress using SoftaculousPresently, it’s an ideal opportunity to introduce your site establishment. WordPress is a great content management tool that allows you to build out your site and update content easily. You can utilize Softaculous to make installing it a snap.
- Log into your cPanel and navigate to Softaculous App Installer. You will see an option within Softaculous to install WordPress.
- If you want your URL to be “Ghana.com,” you can leave the In Directory field empty. (by default, this field is empty, and it allows installing WordPress for your main website.)
- Set your WordPress username and password here. These ought to be not the same as your cPanel login or your Namecheap account. Make sure to compose these down and protect them. You will require these accreditations to sign into WordPress when you’re finished with this progression.