There are lots of hacking tools available on the internet. But many of them are virus and some are fake. So, how are you going to find the best free hacking tools for your PC? But in this post, I have a list of top 16 best free hacking tools for Windows and Linux.
Disclaimer: Home Sense is publishing this article just for educational purposes and we don’t promote malicious practices.
Top 4 Best Free Hacking Tools For Windows and Linux
1. Nmap(Network Mapper)
Nmap is an abbreviation of ‘Network Mapper’, and it’s very well known free open source hackers tool. Nmap is mainly used for network discovery and security auditing. Thousands of system admins all around the world will use nmap for network inventory, check for open ports, managing service upgrade schedules, and monitor host or service uptime. Nmap, as a tool, uses raw IP packets in creative ways to determine what hosts are available on the network, what services (application name and version) those hosts are providing information about, what operating systems (fingerprinting) and what type and version of packet filters/ firewalls are being used by the target.
2. Metasploit Penetration Testing Software
Metasploit, along with nmap (see above) and Wireshark (see below) are probably the ‘best known’ three hacker or hacking software tools out there. It provides data on the vulnerabilities in the security system and performs penetration tests. Metasploit evades leading anti-virus solutions 90% of the time and enables you to completely take over a machine you have compromised from over 200 modules. Using the open source Metasploit framework, users can build their own tools and take the best out of this multi-purpose hacking tool.
Wireshark is a very popular pentesting tool and widely used network protocol analyzer. Wireshark essentially captures data packets in a network in real time and then displays the data in human readable format (verbose). The tool (wireshark) has been highly developed and it includes filters, color-coding and other features that lets the user dig deep into network traffic and inspect individual packets.
Maltego is a software that was designed to deliver an overall cyber threat picture to the enterprise or local environment in which an organization operates.
Other Top 12 Best Hacking Tools:
- SuperScan: Effective TCP port scanner, pinger, resolver.
- Cain and Abel: The Swiss knife of hacking tools. Cain & Abel is a password recovery tool for Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Web Vulnerability Scanners: Firebug, AppScan, OWASP Zed, Paros Proxy
- Vulnerability Exploitation Tools: SQLmap, Core Impact, WebGoat, BeEF
- Forensic Tools: Helix3 Pro, EnCase, Autopsy
- Port Scanners: NetScanTools, Angry IP Scanner
- Traffic Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Ntop, Splunk, Ngrep, Argus
- Debuggers: IDA Pro, WinDbg, Immunity Debugger, GDB
- Rootkit Detectors: DumpSec, Tripwire, HijackThis
- Encryption Tools: OpenSSL, OpenSSH/PuTTY/SSH, Tor
- Password Crackers: Aircrack, Hydra, ophcrack
- NetStumbler: a decent wireless tool for Windows