WhatsApp has officially rolled out the fingerprint unlock feature for all the Android users. Before, we had to install third-party apps to put a lock on apps like WhatsApp to add a little security to your data. Keeping that in mind and to make the process quicker and safer at the same time WhatsApp has now enrolled this new feature so that you can just open the app by a fingerprint It was previously available for Android Beta users but is now available for all Android users. If you want to try out this feature, just update your app and follow the steps below.
How to enable WhatsApp fingerprint to unlock feature on Android smartphone
- Open WhatsApp and tap on three dots at the top right corner
- Settings> Account> Privacy> Fingerprint lock
- Turn on the toggle for fingerprint lock
- Verify your fingerprint when prompted
- You can choose the automatic lock time span from — Immediately, After 1 minute, and After 30 minutes and that is it. Now your WhatsApp fingerprint lock is activated.