Social media platform Facebook has started rolling out the 3D Photos feature. Under this feature, a separate depth layer is added to the photo, so that the photo gets 3D or third dimension look. This feature captures the difference between the foreground and the background, from which the depth and movements in the photos can be seen better.
This feature is currently only available for Apple iPhone. Users will have to capture a portrait image via their dual-lens iPhone and share it with 3D Photo on Facebook.
Users can view photos shared by scrolling, pan, and tilt in 3D. 3D photos can be viewed through VR mode on Oculus Go, Oculus Browser or Oculus Rift. If you also want to post a 3D photo, here we are telling you its step-by-step guide.
Keep in mind that the user must have iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR. Also, the photos must be clicked in portrait mode.
Learn how to create a photo 3D:
- For this, you first need to open the camera of the phone and tap on portrait mode. Now you click the photo that you want to share in 3D.
- After that go to the Facebook app. Click here to create a new post from here.
- Then select the option of 3D Photos and open the Portrait Folder of iPhone.
- After that select the image that you have to make 3D. Now share it
Tips and tricks for capturing 3D Photos for Facebook :
- To get a good result, whose photo is being taken, it should be 3 feet away from the camera.
- The photo taken with contrasting colors gives a better depth of sense.
- Texture can be used to improve the portrait image.