Not surprisingly, Sony defends vigorously on exclusives to make the PS5 the console everybody needs to have. The firm has just uncovered a decent aspect of the exclusives, which will be accessible at dispatch or a couple of months after the arrival of the PS5.
In this article, we take stock of all the games exclusive to Sony, but also those that will also be released on Xbox and PC. During a virtual conference broadcast online on June 11, the company unveiled the first list of PS5 games including titles developed by Sony studios or its partners. In other words, exclusives, but also cross-platform games.
PS5: the exclusives of the Sony console
Many familiar PlayStation licenses will be entitled to new games on the PS5. Titles have been announced for the Ratchet & Clank franchises, Gran Turismo, or Horizon (Forbien West) which follows Horizon Zero Dawn. Not to mention the next episode of the Spider-Man series titled Mike Morales.
The list of PS5 exclusives also includes a remake of the PlayStation 3 game Demon’s Souls. There will also be temporary exclusives. Like Final Fantasy 7 Remake, which is a temporary PS4-exclusive for a year, Sony is also preparing other exclusive games on this model with the PS5. The firm has “major temporary exclusivity agreements with third-party publishers,” Windows Central reporter Jez Corden said a few weeks ago.
This assertion cannot be doubted knowing that Sony has already announced temporary exclusives of some partners. Bethesda Softworks will launch two of its games on the PS5 initially. These are Deathloop from the Arkane studio and GhostWire: Tokyo developed by Tango GameWorks. Ditto for Godfall, an action-RPG game developed by Counterplay Games and published by Gearbox Software.
The next title in the Resident Evil franchise will also be released on PS5 along with other platforms. Resident Evil 8 Village will be available in 2021 without further details on the release date. Here’s the full list of PlayStation 5 exclusives confirmed to date.
- Astro’s Playroom (included for free in the dematerialized version on all PS5s. This is a game offering a technical demo of the capabilities of the DualSense controller)
- Bugsnax (temporarily excluded)
- Death loop (temporary excluded)
- Demon’s Souls
- AllStars Destruction
- GhostWire: Tokyo (excluded on the console, will be released later on PC)
- Godfall (temporarily excluded)
- Goodbye Volcano High (temporary excluded, also coming out on PS4 and PC, but not on Xbox)
- Gran Turismo 7
- Horizon Forbidden West
- Oddworld: Soulstorm (temporary excluded, also coming out on PS4)
- Project Athia
- Quantum Error
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- Spider-Man: Miles Morales
The list of PS5 games that will also be released on other platforms
Of course, the big studios will launch most of their flagship games on all platforms. Several titles coming out for the PS5 will also be available on Xbox Series X and PC. Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Capcom or Square Enix all have interesting proposals. From Assassin’s Creed Valhalla to Marvel’s Avengers to Cyberpunk 2077, there will obviously be heavy.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Balan Wonderworld
- Braid: Anniversary Edition
- Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Chivalry 2
- Cris Tales
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Dirt 5
- Dragon Age 4
- Dying Light 2
- Earthlock 2
- Far Cry 6
- FIFA 21
- Gotham Knights
- Guilty Gear Strive
- Heavenly Bodies
- Hitman 3
- Hood: Outlaws and Legends
- Immortals Fenyx Rising
- Jett: The Far Shore
- Kena: Bridge of Spirits
- Le Seigneur des anneaux : Gollum
- Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
- Little Devil Inside
- Little Nightmares 2
- Madden 21
- Metal: Hellsinger
- Nour: Play with your Food
- Observer: System Redux
- Oddworld Soulstorm
- Orphan of the Machine
- Overcooked: All You Can Eat
- Paradise Lost
- PES 2021
- Planet Coaster: Edition Console
- Poker Club
- Prince of Persia Les Sables du Temps Remake
- Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
- Resident Evil Village
- Riders Republic (également sur PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X et PC)
- Scarlet Nexus
- Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One
- Solar Ash
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
- The Lord of the Rings: Gollum
- The Pathless
- The Pedestrian
- Tribes of Midgard
- Unknown 9: Awakening
- Vampire: The Masquerade — Bloodlines 2
- Vampire: The Masquerade — Swansong
- Watch Dogs: Legion
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood
- White Shadows
- Worms Rumble
- WRC 9
- Yakuza – Like a Dragon
The list of PS4 games that will be updated on the PS5
A number of existing PS4 games will be upgraded to the PS5. Some studios like Ubisoft have announced that their games will benefit from a free migration.
- Control: improved version, but paying.
- Dead By Daylight: Improved graphics, 4K at 60 FPS, free migration.
- Doom Eternal: Bethesda is also working on a specific PS5 version of Doom Eternal which will be offered as a free migration to the console.
- Fortnite: goes under Unreal Engine 5
- GTA 5: a new generation with improved graphics. A standalone version of GTA Online will be free exclusively for the first three months of release.
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Bethesda is working on a specific PS5 version of The Elder Scrolls Online. It will be offered as a free upgrade when it becomes available.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: Several improvements including ray tracing, faster load times. The migration will be free if you have it on PS4.
- Rainbow Six Seige: free upgrade and upgrade to 4K at 120 FPS
You’ve discovered all the affirmed PS5 games up until this point. More titles ought to be added to the rundown in the coming weeks. This article will be refreshed as we go.