Facebook is one of the most widely used social networking site with million users, because of its popularity it has become the aim of most hackers to hack facebook users, in this post I will share with you the top methods hackers use to hack facebook account.
Note: This tutorial is only for Educational Purposes.I do not take any responsibility for any misuse, you will be solely responsible for any misuse that you do
Phishing is a malicious attempt to gain access to your account or record personal information about you by getting you to enter your login or other sensitive information into a fake website.In a simple phishing attack, a hacker creates a fake login page which looks exactly like the original Facebook page.Once the victim login through the fake(phishing) page then the hacker will get the victims “Email Address and Password
How to detect Phishing Page?
- Check URL of the login page.
- Never login your Facebook account on other devices.
- Use Modern web browsers that identify phishing pages.
- Avoid emails or text messages that ask you to login your Facebook account.
2. Session hijacking
When a Facebook user login to his or her Facebook account, the browser he or she is using and the facebook’s server maintains a session for user authentication. The session details are saved in the user’s browser’s cookie files. In session hijacking, the hacker steals those cookies and then access the victim’s account.
How to avoid Session Hijacking
- clear cookies daily
- Avoid using Facebook when connected to public Wi-Fi
3. DNS Spoofing(Domain Name System)
If both the victim and attacker are on the same network, the attacker can use a DNS spoofing attack to change the original facebook page to his own fake page and hence can get access to victims facebook account.
How to Avoid DNS Spoofing
- Always configure it to be secure against cache poisoning
- Manage your DNS servers securely
4.Man In the Middle Attacks
If the victim and attacker are on the same LAN and on a switch based network, A hacker can place himself b/w the client and the server or he could also act as a default gateway and hence capturing all the traffic in between, ARP Poisoning which is the other name for man in the middle attacks.
How to avoid MIME attacks?
- Use VPN services
- Use a proxy server to access the internet
A keylogger is basically a computer program which once installed on victim’s computer it will record everything which the victim types on his/her computer. The logs are then sent back to the attacker by either FTP or directly to hackers email address.
How to detect Keyloggers
- Scan your USB drives before using them
- Download software from trusted sites only
- Use an antivirus and update the antivirus regularly
6. Email ID hacking
With this method, the hacker only needs to access the connected email id of any account and then reset the Facebook password manually.
How to avoid email ID hacking
- Enable 2 step authentification in your Gmail account
- Use strong passwords
- Avoid entering email on scrupulous sites