The new Twitter logo, the well-known X that Elon Musk loves so much, has drawn a lot of criticism from users. If you fall into the latter category, don’t worry—we have a fix for you. It’s true that a developer has made a Chrome extension designed solely to bring the little blue bird back.
Elon Musk changed the Twitter logo on July 24. The iconic small blue bird should be removed to create room for a white X on a black backdrop. The issue with the platform has persisted since then. Some countries have even blocked the name change, such as Japan, because of a rock band, or Indonesia, which now classifies it as a porn site.
How to get the old Twitter logo back on Chrome
- Open Google Chrome on your computer
- Click on “download” to download the extension created by cigarette
- Simply on the zip file, then click Extract Everything, and then extract it.
- In the search bar, type chrome://extensions
- Activate the Developer Mode at the top right of your window
- Click on the Load unpackaged extension button
- Select the extension folder