The mobile hotspot feature allows you to use your phone to share its mobile data connection by creating a Wi-Fi network. Other Wi-Fi devices – computers, laptops, and other mobile devices – can then access that Wi-Fi network and use the phone’s mobile data network.
Sharing your mobile data connection through an IOS device is easy. Open the settings, go to the personal hotspot and activate the function by activating the switch next to “Allow others to join”
Configuring connection sharing
- Go to Settings -> Cellular Data or Settings -> Tethering.
- Tap the slider next to Allow other users.
If the Connection Sharing option does not appear, contact your operator to make sure that your plan is compatible with this feature.
Your phone provides Internet access to any device signed in to the same iCloud account, such as your iPad, without needing a password. You can also connect other devices like a PC, but you need to enter the password that appears in the settings.
How to use your Android phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot
- Go to your phone’s settings. From the Home screen, press the Menu button, and then tap Settings.
- In the Settings screen, tap WIFI & internet.
- In the “Access points and connection sharing” tab, you have three options: WiFi access point, via Bluetooth or via USB.
- Then press WIFI access point
- Now tap the button in front of the Disabled to activate the access point.
- If your Wi-Fi is active, the device will ask you to turn it off in order to activate the access point. Then press OK.
- Personalize it with a name that you will remember and then validate it. Then do the same with the password.