Apple just released iOS 14.1 and iPadOS 14.1 updates for compatible devices just ahead of the iPhone 12 and 12 Pro series, which launched on October 23, which ships with the latest versions of iOS.
According to Neowin, some of the iPhone 12-related features in this new update include support for 10-bit HDR video editing and playback support. This is necessary as one of the big features of the iPhone 12 is not only the ability to record videos in Dolby Vision HDR, but also the ability to edit it.
Here’s the full table of changes introduced by MacRumors in this new iOS update:
Adds support for playback and editing 10-bit HDR video in Photos for iPhone 8 and above.
• Fixed an issue where some widgets, folders, and icons displayed with a reduced size on the home screen.
• Addresses issue where dragging widgets on the home screen could remove apps from folders.
• Addressed issue where some emails in Mail were sent from an incorrect alias.
• Addresses an issue that could prevent incoming calls from displaying area information.
• Addresses an issue on some devices where selecting the zoomed display mode, alphanumeric passwords, could result in the emergency call button on the home screen overlapping the text input box.
• Addresses an issue where some users sometimes were unable to download or add songs to their library when viewing albums or playlists.
Addresses an issue that may prevent zeros from appearing in the Calculator.
• Addresses an issue where streaming video resolution might drop temporarily when playback starts.
• Addresses an issue that prevents family members from setting up Apple Watch for some users.
• Addresses an issue where Apple Watch case material is incorrectly displaying in the Apple Watch app.
• Addresses an issue in the Files app that could cause some MDM managed cloud service providers to incorrectly display unavailable content.
• Improved compatibility with Ubiquiti wireless access points.
Note that some features may not be available for all regions or across all Apple devices. For information about the security content of Apple software updates, users can visit the website https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222.
If you have an iPhone or iPad supported by iOS 14 or iPadOS 14, this update will be available to users right away, people can go to Settings> General> Software Update to perform the upgrade.